Leadership Brookings is dedicated to supporting the highest quality leadership preparation
program for individuals with emphasis on specific skills and collaborative leadership seeking positive
change in response to civic, governmental, business and industry challenges in the Brookings area.
*Scroll to bottom for application*
- Leadership Brookings works to…
… identify and develop potential leaders;
… help potential and existing leaders sharpen their leadership skills and improve the effectiveness in interpersonal situations;
… create a sense of purpose for civic leadership and opportunities for civic involvement.
- Program participants will:
- Be educated and motivated as leaders leading to greater involvement in the community.
- Experience personal and professional growth.
- Develop valuable relationships with classmates and current community leadership.
- Ready themselves for future leadership opportunities in their careers and community.
- Employers and sponsoring organizations will:
- See benefits from the broadened perspectives and enhanced potential of participants.
- Open doors for greater corporate/organizational community involvement and visibility.
- Create additional opportunities to influence positive change.
- The community will:
- Experience benefits through increased community involvement from participants.
- Reap future benefit from collective commitment to effective leadership by program graduates.
Application deadline for the Leadership Brookings Class of 2021 is September 13, 2020 at midnight.
Your application must be submitted electronically only; no other forms will be accepted.
You will be notified via email by the end of September 2020 regarding whether or not you have been selected for the Leadership Brookings Class of 2021.
- Live and work in Brookings County for minimum of one year
- Have demonstrated a sincere commitment to and interest in the Brookings area
- Display evidence of mature judgement and exceptional leadership qualities
- Have demonstrated positions of leadership within their organizations or community
- Have the time available to participate in the Leadership Brookings program and have the complete support of the company or organization she/he represents
The Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce Leadership Brookings program seeks representation from all professional areas, including business, government, non-profit and volunteer sectors.
Participants are expected to attend all Leadership Brookings sessions in their entirety. The Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to drop any participant from the program who has more than one unexcused absence. Participants should expect sessions to run a full day; see below for extended times for Brookings/SDSU Day at the Capitol. Locations along with parking and transportation instructions will be provided the week prior to the start.
Application Deadline Sunday,
September 13, 2020 (midnight) Deadline extended to September 20Participant Material Deadline Friday, October 9, 2020 (5pm)Program Acceptance Notification By end of September 2020Leadership Brookings 2021 Session DatesTuesday, October 20, 2020Tuesday, November 17, 2020Tuesday, December 15, 2020**Wednesday, January 20, 2021**Tuesday, February 9, 2021Tuesday, March 9, 2021Graduation TBD**Wednesday, January 20, 2021 will be our annual “Brookings/SDSU Day at the Capitol”; expect a 6am bus departure; arrival back in Brookings late that same evening.TuitionTuition for Chamber members is $700 and for non-members $800.When you are ready to apply, download each of the documents below (Application, Applicant Statement Form, and Employer Statement Form). Read carefully and submit according to the instructions.
- Leadership Brookings works to…