Your ribbon cutting is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate your business with current and prospective clients, family members and the community. It is up to you to make the ribbon cutting as BIG or as SUCCESSFUL as you like – only you can leverage it to its full potential.
Reasons for Hosting a Ribbon Cutting:
- New Business to Brookings
- New Location for your business
- Business Remodel
- BIG Anniversary
- Business is under NEW Ownership
What to Expect:
- Ribbon Cuttings can be held at any time of day, as our schedule allows. We find that mid-week afternoons work best.
- We work to book ribbon cuttings 4 weeks out to allow for ample time to promote and notify the appropriate people.
- 10-30 guests. We invite our Ambassadors, Board of Directors, City Employees and the Brookings Register. Attendance will vary depending on attendees’ schedules.
- We also include details of your ribbon cutting in our weekly Chamber Chat (distribution of 2500 people).
- We will arrive with the ribbon & scissors and take your ribbon cutting photo.
- A member of the Brookings Chamber of Commerce will welcome you to the Chamber and business community.
- You are welcome to give a short speech and invite you to share a few words about your organization.
- Attendee’s usually stay and mingle for about 15-30 minutes.
How to Prepare:
Take full advantage of this opportunity to showcase your business. Ex: Give tours, demonstrations, have key employees on hand to answer questions about the organization.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up your special event.
- Contact us so we can schedule your big day!
- Provide a high-resolution JPEG of your logo.
- Invite friends and family – the more the merrier!
- Most hosts choose to offer refreshments, but it is not mandatory.
- Have fun and enjoy your moment in the spotlight!