Production Worker, Brookings
Twin City Fan & Blower is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of high quality custom, semi-custom, and standard fans ranging from heavy duty industrial process fans to OEM fans to a comprehensive line of commercial supply and exhaust fans for the HVAC plan and spec market. With the industry’s most experienced engineering staff and sales representatives, Twin City Fan & Blower’s unique ability to customize fan solutions for the exact application is second to none.
POSITION TITLE: Production Worker
REPORTS TO: Paint Supervisor / Team Lead
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Prepares required parts for painting, delivers them to the paint booth, and delivers painted parts to assembly area.
- Follows shop orders to prioritize and organize parts to be painted, beginning with those with earliest ship dates.
- Performs a variety of duties such as grinding, chipping and sanding to remove any rust spots on parts prior to painting.
- Removes all tags and cleans products to prepare for painting; rinses with anti-rust agent and places on rack to dry. Re-applies all tags and records washed parts on transfer sheet.
- Organizes parts that need to be painted by color.
- Caulks parts as necessary.
- Operates forklift / bridge crane to deliver parts to paint, to hang parts on drying hooks, and to deliver to assembly once dry.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ months’ experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Fall Protection Training
- Respirator Training and Fit Testing (optional)
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move 10 pounds; frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stand; walk; bend/stoop, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist; and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat, humid/watery conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety, and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment, nor is it an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. Qualifications are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.