Twin City Fan & Blower is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of high quality custom, semi-custom, and standard fans ranging from heavy duty industrial process fans to OEM fans to a comprehensive line of commercial supply and exhaust fans for the HVAC plan and spec market. With the industry’s most experienced engineering staff and sales representatives, Twin City Fan & Blower’s unique ability to customize fan solutions for the exact application is second to none.
POSITION TITLE: Painter
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Applies all coatings including epoxy paints on manufacturing equipment in a safe and productive manner.
- Operate spray guns and related equipment proficiently.
- Mixes all paints for high class finish of all units, parts or assemblies.
- Reading from work order, selects, mixes, and tests proper thinner, solvents, paint and related components.
- May be required to clean units.
- Repairs paint defects such as scratches, sags, etc.
- Take care of proper storage of paints, thinners, equipment and has knowledge of paint safety rules.
- Practice good normal maintenance and safety habits including wearing proper filtration masks or respirators.
- Moves product to and from work area using hand tools, hoists, for lift or other appropriate means.
- Visually inspect items before painting to determine condition and caulks if necessary
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- High school diploma
- Demonstrate ability to read, understand and implement work orders, paint specifications, material data safety sheets and related documents.
- Ability to perform functions listed above and to meet company quality standards.
- Ability to operate material moving equipment listed above.
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move up to 25 pounds; frequently life/move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally pull up to 100 pounds with wheels (pallet jack).
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist, and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety, and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment, nor is it an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. Qualifications are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.