Maintenance Technician- Night Shift, Brookings
Twin City Fan & Blower is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of high quality custom, semi-custom, and standard fans ranging from heavy duty industrial process fans to OEM fans to a comprehensive line of commercial supply and exhaust fans for the HVAC plan and spec market. With the industry’s most experienced engineering staff and sales representatives, Twin City Fan & Blower’s unique ability to customize fan solutions for the exact application is second to none.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Technician, Night Shift
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Performs repair and installation of production equipment and plant facilities. Maintains building and building structures.
- Builds, installs, maintains and repairs a variety of production and building equipment. Pending plant location, this may include electrical controls, circuits and control panels. In some locations, this may include plant grounds. This may include maintenance on forklifts, cranes and other operations equipment in the plant.
- Disassembles equipment and determines extent of necessary repairs.
- Replaces parts by operating machine tools, welding (pending plant location) or brazier as needed. This may include making parts. Reassembles equipment.
- Follows prescribed preventative maintenance schedule in oiling, greasing and calibration of machinery. This may include blast booth, burn table and laser depending on location.
- Collaborates with manager to develop tasks and fixtures which would improve facility processes.
- Double checks that safety devices are in working order on all machines and equipment.
- Act, Live, and Behave by TCF Core Values.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years’ related experience and/or training (technical school) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pending plant location, ability to successfully complete welding test and weld up to Company standards.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to determine repair needs and make necessary repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to operate machine tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. This may include shop orders, blue prints, electrical diagrams and schematics, test sheets, completion sheets and quality assurance sheets.
- Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers in a productive manner.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry (such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions) to practical situations.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Fall Protection Training
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move 10 pounds; frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist, and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is continuously exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places, fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Twin City Fan is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy work environment. Each and every employee must understand and continually work within the safety and health rules and policies. The use of good judgment and common sense is critical to workplace safety, and Twin City Fan expects every employee to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment, nor is it an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as business needs arise. Qualifications are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and experience required.