Twin City Fan & Blower is an industry leading designer and manufacturer of high quality custom, semi-custom, and standard fans ranging from heavy duty industrial process fans to OEM fans to a comprehensive line of commercial supply and exhaust fans for the HVAC plan and spec market. With the industry’s most experienced engineering staff and sales representatives, Twin City Fan & Blower’s unique ability to customize fan solutions for the exact application is second to none.
POSITION TITLE: Assembler
REPORTS TO: Assembly Supervisor / Team Lead
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Assembles industrial fans and confirms that all parts and accessories are properly fitted and attached per TCF engineering and quality standards.
- Operates bridge crane/fork lift/pallet jack to bring fans to work station and/or testing area; safely operates lift table to bring work up to a comfortable working height (if applicable).
- Reads and interprets blueprints; checks shop orders to ensure that all necessary parts and accessories are readily available; and finds all necessary parts and accessories that are not with the current parts.
- Positions parts and examines connections for correct fit; resolves assembly and production issues; reports quality issues and errors in production line; and informs supervisor of any shortages in parts or hardware
- Arranges shaft and bearings and ensures that the center of the shaft is in the center of the housing and has an equal distance in radius in all directions. Connects the prop and ensures that it is the correct size (if possible). Connects lube lines (copper, plastic, stainless steel). Connects the motor and belt alignment.
- Uses appropriate tools to assemble and fasten all parts on the fan assembly per TCF engineering and quality standards.
- Wires all necessary wires correctly and safely.
- Removes small quantities of metal with hand files, scrapers, and die grinders to ensure proper fit between parts.
- Verifies that everything from the shop order is completed prior to signing off on each unit.
- Act, live, and behave by TCF Core Values
- Additional duties may be assigned, dependent upon location and product line
- High school diploma or GED.
- 6+ months’ experience and/or training (technical school) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English.
- Basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to use tools in a safe and proper manner.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND REQUIRED TRAINING
The following certifications and training, if required, will be provided by the company:
- Forklift Certificate
- Bridge Crane Training
- Fall Protection Training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
To successfully perform the essential function of this position, employees must have the ability to:
- Continuously lift/move 10 pounds; frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Continuously stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulder height; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms at waist level and below the waist, and work in limited space.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.