Controller - Manufacturing
The right candidate will be accountable for directing financial activities, such as planning, accounting – both financial and cost – and treasury for the company.
Minimum Requirements of: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 5 years related experience.
Required Certification and/or Licensure:
- Valid driver’s license and capable of being covered under the agency insurance if driving company vehicle.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Function as a member of the leadership team identifying Key Performance Indicators and working with team members to prepare and implement corrective actions for missed targets.
- Analyze manufacturing cost and work with operations leadership in identifying cost and efficiency improvements.
- Prepare and file annual tax returns or prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Analyze financial information and identify opportunities for profit and cash flow improvement.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities and minimize risk to the Company.
- Enforce all organizational policies and address items specific to the department to maintain company standards
- Define and document Standard Operating Procedures for operations and tasks specific to Department.
- Check e-mail throughout the day