No typical or perfect brain in a jar exists... anywhere! Join us, as we unpack the three essential lessons learned over the past decade by our guest Marcie Ciampi, a former middle school teacher turned corporate educator and disability advocate, who so happens to also be a dyslexic Autistic. Together we’ll discover the makings of being an inclusive role model, the concept of ‘normalcy" in our neurodiverse world, and ways to create brave and safe places of true belonging in our communities. Known and respected worldwide in the Autistic community for her writings, advocacy work, and heartfelt approach, Ciampi taps into her teacher-power to bring strategies and learnings to the forefront while adding a dash of creativity, zany humor, seriousness, and logic.
This event is in celebration of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, hosted by the following entities: - Advance/Career Advantage
- The Division of Rehabilitation Services
- Statewide Independent Living Council
- City of Brookings, Brookings Disability Awareness Committee
- South Dakota Department of Human Services
- South Dakota Board of Vocational Services
- South Dakota Division of Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce Business Resource Committee
Any individuals who require auxiliary aids and services for a disability in order to participate (e.g., sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, materials in alternative format) should submit a request to Sylvia Buboltz 10 days prior to the training at 605.688.4280 or email@example.com.