Gear Up for the 2020 WILL Summit
Women In Leadership & Learning Summit – January 29, 2020
Gear up! The Women In Leadership & Learning (WILL) committee is proud to announce the 2020 WILL Summit “Gear Up” will be held on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at the Swiftel Center in Brookings, SD. The 2020 theme of “Gear Up” sets the intention of providing tangible tools attendees can take with them and gear up long after the summit. Attendees can expect enhanced workshops and a strongly curated speaker list.
Topics that will be covered include:
• Creating/Maintaining a work life balance
• Caring for yourself
• Managing stress
• Inspirational messaging
• Conflict management
• Women in the workplace
WILL is a Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce committee with the mission to empower women to build community across professions through education and networking opportunities.
Tickets for the 2020 WILL Summit “Gear Up” are $100 and are on sale now through the Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are available to Chamber and non-Chamber members. To register, visit www.brookingschamber.org/WILLSummit or call (605) 692-6125. Registration and ticket sales deadline is Friday, January 24, 2020.
2020 WILL SUMMIT “GEAR UP” SCHEDULE
- 8:00a.m. – Registration, Breakfast, & Donation Drop-off
- 8:00-8:20 a.m. – Professional Headshots
- 8:30 a.m. – Opening Remarks
- 8:50 a.m. – Keynote: Presented by Julie Clark Lingen
- 9:50 a.m. – Break
- 10:00 a.m. – Speed Networking: Presented by Kelsey Doom
- 10:50 a.m. – Break
- 11:00 a.m. – Breakout Session 1 (Choose your first of two breakout sessions)
- 11:50 a.m. – Break
- 12:00 p.m. – Panel Discussion & Plated Lunch (Lisa Svobodny/Larson, Erin Bosch/EmBe, Kirsten Gjesdal/Carrot Seed. Panel led by: Julie Clark Lingen)
- 1:20 p.m. – Break
- 1:30 p.m. – Breakout Session 2 (Choose your second of two breakout sessions)
- 2:20 p.m. – Break
- 2:30 p.m. – Pinnacle Player Awards
- 2:45 p.m. – Keynote Wrap Up: Presented by Julie Clark Lingen
- 3:15 p.m. – Closing Remarks
- 3:30 p.m. – End
- 3:35 p.m. – Professional Headshots
BREAKOUT SESSIONS & PANEL
• “Allergies & Airplanes: A Guide to Improving Your EQ” led by Erika Klein
• “Look Before You Leap: Preparing for Bold Changes” led by Angela Boersma
• “K.N.O.W. Personal Awareness & Defense” led by Mark & Kelli Anawski
• “2020 WILL Gear Up Panel” with panelists Lisa Svobodny, Erin Bosh, and Kirsten Gjesdal
KEYNOTE SPEAKER – JULIE CLARK LINGEN
Julie Clark Lingen is a national award-winning author, speaker, life coach, and entrepreneur who is on a mission to prevent regrets. As founder of the Life is Short..Get to Living™ lifestyle brand, she loves empowering others to live every day to the fullest—without regrets. Julie’s passion and urgency for life comes from learning she is living 50% at-risk for one of the world’s cruelest diseases—Huntington’s Disease—a rare and incurable degenerative brain disease that could start cutting her life short at any time. It has made her more determined than ever to live each day fully and inspire others to do so as well with a reminder that LIFE IS SHORT for all of us. None of us know what the future holds so we need to GET TO LIVING! Julie is using her own powerful personal story to challenge others to see life from a different perspective: We shouldn't be afraid of dying; we should be afraid of regretting the way we lived. None of us can prevent dying, but ALL of us can prevent regrets by living more FULLY today. She has launched a mission dear to her heart called The Regret Prevention Movement™ to help inspire and motivate others to make meaningful changes to their lives NOW—before it’s too late—to live more fully and prevent regrets on their deathbed. Many people have said her inspiring story is a life-altering message we all need to hear and could completely change the outcome of your life. You can learn more at www.julieclarklingen.com.
PINNACLE PLAYER AWARD
The 2020 Pinnacle Player award represents the culmination of everything the nominee is and has done for their community, place of employment and others. It’s given to a woman who has stepped up to reach the peak of leadership, the pinnacle of community involvement, and the crest of caring. The 2020 Pinnacle Player will honor women who:
• Are ambassadors of WILL’s Mission
• Demonstrate drive, innovation and leadership
• Serve the community through volunteerism and/or leadership in community/business organizations
• Inspire growth in others, specifically women, through empowerment, support, and motivation
Applications are due Friday, November 15, 2019. Visit www.brookingschamber.org/WILLSummit for more information. Applications can be completed electronically and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2020 Pinnacle Player award winner will be announced at the 2020 WILL Summit.
2020 WILL SUMMIT CHARTABLE ORGANIZATION
To continue to give back to the Brookings community, the WILL Summit committee selects a charitable organization to support. This year, the Brookings Domestic Abuse Shelter is the 2020 WILL Summit “Gear Up” charitable organization. This local shelter serves victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. WILL Summit attendees are asked to help support the shelter by bringing donated items such as:
• Gently used women’s clothing
• Outerwear (such as coats, hats, gloves, scarves)
• Feminine hygiene products
Attendees can bring donated items to the WILL Summit on January 29. Attendees are also able to make a monetary donation at the time of registration and/or on-site at the WILL Summit. A representative from the Brookings Domestic Abuse Shelter will be on-site during the WILL Summit closing remarks to accept all donated items and give a brief presentation on their services and how they support the Brookings community. Donations are not necessary, but each of us contributing an item will make a large impact in helping victims of domestic abuse get back on their feet.
For more information about WILL, visit www.brookingschamber.org/will, call (605) 692-6125 or follow us at www.facebook.com/brookingschamber.
About WILL (Women In Leadership & Learning)
The mission of WILL is to empower women to build community across professions through education and networking opportunities. WILL was created to give women within Brookings and surrounding communities a gathering opportunity that is uniquely their own – a place to network and connect as well as to learn and engage.
About the Brookings Area Camber of Commerce
Founded in 1938 The Brookings Area Chamber of Commerce continues to be the leading business organization in the Brookings area. Living out our mission of promoting, connecting, enriching and advocating for the Brookings area business community, we provide endless opportunities to help businesses succeed. Made up of 500 member businesses, we connect all cross-sections of the business community.